Jig-So is a well-established charity which became a charitable company in 2002. We operate as a bilingual organisation. Jig-So provides innovative and inclusive bilingual support for children, from pre-birth to 14 years of age, within the context of their family and/or carers. Any child and family that need our support or services are welcomed. Children must be accompanied by a parent/carer. We recognise that these children and their families, whatever their individual circumstances, have different needs at different times. These needs may arise for a host of reasons including rural isolation, having a new baby, being or becoming a single parent, having a child or children with challenging behaviour, coping with poverty, post-natal depression or family relocation.
Our Mission is to provide a broad range of child-focused support services that recognises that families have different needs at different times. These services will be centred on:-
• quality opportunities for diverse types of play;
• parenting support and courses (accredited and non-accredited)
• the knowledge and skills to alleviate the effects of poverty and deprivation; and
• healthy lifestyles and emotional well-being.
Our support and services will be available to any child and their family in Cardigan and the surrounding areas of Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire and Carmarthenshire.
Our Aim is that our services will :-
• encourage development;
• build self-esteem;
• foster positive relationships;
• enable informed choices; and develop a sense of community.
Our Values are:-
• Placing the safety and well-being of the child as paramount in everything we do;
• Valuing the family;
• Acting inclusively;
• Looking forward;
• Making a positive contribution to our community;
• Respecting our environment; and
• Providing a great place to work and volunteer.
We use these Values to support and guide our decision making. Our Values describe our beliefs and how we behave as an organisation.